We aim to provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills, empowering partnership between students and staff to gain a deeper understanding of the academy; leading to a shared vision and virtues and increase contribution to the community they live in.
We aim to create a democratic and representative student leadership team that forms a strong link between all of our stakeholders: our staff, students, parents and governors. Our student leaders will expertly model the 3 core values of our Academy and will embolden all of our students to do the same.
How does this link to our values?
- Giving students the opportunity to promote the value of kindness through Anti-Bullying and LGBT+ initiatives.
- Students promote the value of kindness through playground duties and ensuring others are being kind.
- Encouraging students to work together and recognizing that all students have a voice.
- Students value each other as individuals and recognize individual opinions.
- Providing students with the opportunities to motivate and support each other through the house system.
- Students develop social skills.
- Providing students with the opportunities to promote positivity through weekly rewards and assemblies.
- Providing students with leadership and volunteering opportunities.
- Providing students with opportunities to share their voice with all stakeholders in the Academy (peers, staff, parents, Governors).
- Providing students with the opportunity to participate in house competitions.
- Students develop communication skills by speaking out in front of a large audience.
- Students build confidence by putting themselves forward to be a student leader.
- Students promote the value of being strong through playground duties.
- Students promote the value of being strong by representing the Academy in open mornings and Academy events.
- Providing school leaders with the opportunity to create house competitions, to lead assemblies and to help with family dining.
- Providing students with the opportunities to develop resilience through working with others and teaching others.
- Providing students with the opportunity to work as part of a team.
- Opportunities are given for students to develop the ability to cope with stress and help others cope with stress.
How can I get involved in Student Leadership at Bolder?
All students at Bolder Academy have the opportunity to get involved in different aspects of student leadership. Students will have the opportunity to put themselves forward to be elected by their peers during the Autumn term for the following positions. Please click each position to download a job description for that role:
For the following positions, students will have the opportunity to put themselves forward and teachers will play a role in selecting students based on their contributions to the academy. Please click each position to download a job description for that role:
House Points Student News: