The Bolder Way – Our Curriculum
We believe in a Bolder future. A future that champions passion, knowledge and innovation.
Our Academy provides exceptional opportunities for our students to develop the strength and confidence to succeed. Our curriculum is rooted in academic study and the national curriculum. We have phenomenal links with the community and local businesses.
Our curriculum supports our students to:
- Succeed academically.
- Experience new opportunities and to develop their cultural capital.
- Make a positive contribution to their local community and society.
The Bolder Way – Academic Success
To succeed academically our curriculum:
- Enables students to have a thorough understanding of all subject disciplines at Key Stage 3, over a three-year period.
- Ensures subject disciplines consider the starting points of all learners as well as the requirements of key external examinations.
- Sequences the learning and builds in time for knowledge and skills to be revisited throughout the teaching cycle and the Key Stage.
- Develops knowledge that expands academic vocabulary, allowing students to participate in academic conversation.
The Bolder Way – New Opportunities and Cultural Capital
To enable our students to enjoy new opportunities and develop their cultural capital we aim to:
- Provide an extended school day Monday to Thursday so that all students participate in a highly varied extra-curricular programme (Being Bold).
- Form strong partnerships with businesses, local community groups and national programmes.
- Promote the importance of reading for pleasure and for academic purposes.
The Bolder Way – Making a Positive Contribution
We encourage all of our students to make a positive contribution to their local community and beyond by:
- Promoting our core values within and outside of the Academy: Be Kind, Be Strong and Be Brave.
- Providing students with leadership and volunteering opportunities.
- Enabling students to understand steps they can take to support their physical and mental wellbeing.
The Structure of Curriculum
We have created an engaging curriculum allowing students exposure to a range of different subjects and opportunities. Students will follow the national curriculum as well as a series of extra-curricular activities. Being Bold remains an entitlement.
Currently two thirds of our Year 10 students study the EBacc subjects.
- Cycle A – Year 7 Knowledge Organiser
- Cycle A – Year 8 Knowledge Organiser
- Cycle A – Year 9 Knowledge Organiser
- Cycle A – Year 10 Knowledge Organiser
- Cycle C - Year 7 Knowledge Organiser
- Cycle C - Year 8 Knowledge Organiser
- Cycle C - Year 9 Knowledge Organiser
- Cycle C - Year 10 Knowledge Organiser
Year 9 Choices